|Season 3, Episode 6 #32|
|Air date||April 1, 2001|
|Written by|| Teleplay: Terence Winter and Salvatore J. Stabile |
Story: David Chase, Terence Winter, Todd A. Kessler, Robin Green & Mitchell Burgess
|Directed by||Allen Coulter|
"University" is the 6th episode of Season 3 of the HBO original series The Sopranos. It is the 32nd overall episode of the series. It was written by Terence Winter, Salvatore J. Stabile, David Chase, Todd A. Kessler, Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess, directed by Allen Coulter and originally aired on April 1, 2001.
References to pop cultureEdit
- After being introduced to Meadow, Noah's father says he sat next to a talkative Tim Daly of Wings fame on his flight into New York. Daly would later play the role of J.T. Dolan on The Sopranos, beginning with the episode "In Camelot".
- Noah's father says he worked with Dick Wolf, the creator of Law & Order.
- During a scene in the family kitchen, AJ wears a Nine Inch Nails Fragility tour shirt.
- After dining with Noah's father, Noah and Meadow see the Francis Ford Coppola film Dementia 13.
- Throughout the episode, Ralphie Cifaretto quotes and talks about scenes from the 2000 Ridley Scott' film Gladiator.
- Ralphie later watches Stanley Kubrick's film Spartacus, starring Kirk Douglas, upon Christopher Moltisanti's recommendation to him about a gladiator film.
- ↑ Hollywood Holdout by Jon Reidelon at The View (University of Vermont), October 18, 2004. Retrieved November 21, 2009